Thursday, September 18, 5-10pm
Art Venues 5–8pm* / Food & Drink 5–10pm
Look for Third Thursday locations signs, and be sure to pick up your wristband at one of the art venues for special rates at participating bars, shops, restaurants.
*Venue times vary, check back for this month’s event schedule for details
VENUE LIST and EVENT SCHEDULE
① California Historical Society | 678 Mission St @ 3rd
- Yosemite and Typography, 5–8pm | FREE | Enjoy docent-led tours of the exhibition Yosemite: A Storied Landscapes. Drop by the library at 6pm for a display of special typography themed items from our archive.
② Cartoon Art Museum | 655 Mission @ 3rd
- New and ongoing exhibitions, 5–8pm | FREE | Current exhibitions include Stranger Than Life: The Cartoons and Comics of M.K. Brown, Pretty In Ink: The Trina Robbins Collection, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
③ Contemporary Jewish Museum | 736 Mission St @ Yerba Buena Lane
- Unplugged in the Yud: Diana Gameros, 6–8pm | $5 after 5pm | Project Mah Jongg artist Imin Yeh, and artist and pastry chef Leah Rosenberg roll out limited edition screen printed mah jongg snack boxes. Diana Gameros is a Latin singer/songwriter who performs songs that reflect 21 century experiences of a young indie artist at the borderlands between cultures, languages, and genres.
④ Museum of the African Diaspora | 685 Mission St @ 3rd
- Closed through October for renovation
⑤ Museum of Performance + Design | 893B Folsom St @ 5th
- Launching Two American Dance Icons Collections Online, 5:30–7:30pm | FREE | MP+D celebrates dance with the launch of its Christensen Family Digital Archive and Anna Halprin Archive websites, two new online collections featuring 1000 images from MP+D’s collection. Get insights into the two unique collections and tips on navigating the two websites with MP+D archivist Supriya Wronkiewiecz.
⑥ Root Division | 1059 Market St between 6th and 7th St. *NEW VENUE *
- Introductions 2014 Happy Hour Reception, 6–8pm | FREE | Presenting Introductions 2014, the eighth iteration of our annual juried exhibition. The Introductions exhibition showcases the talent of twelve emerging artists in the San Francisco Bay Area. (2014 Jurors: Kevin B. Chen, Jack Fischer, and Maysoun Wazwaz)
⑦ UC Berkeley Extension Art & Design Gallery | 95 3rd Street @ Mission
- Artist Reception: Josie Grant, MFA, 5–8pm | FREE | Join Ms. Grant—a prolific painter and muralist, and teacher at UC extension—for a reception for her exhibition Visionary Paintings & Prints – a Retrospective
⑧ Yerba Buena Center for the Arts | 701 Mission St @ 3rd
- ConVerge: BAN7, 4–8pm | FREE | This month’s ConVerge presents a variety of workshops and interactive installations that guide you through a range of hands-on experiences with artists and arts organizations featured in the Bay Area Now 7 exhibition.
Ⓐ B Restaurant and Bar | 720 Howard St above the gardens waterfall
- Extended Happy Hour and $6 cocktails, 5–10pm | Discounts with Wristband | Celebrate with extended happy hour throughout the entire evening for anyone with a Third Thursday wristband + live DJ!
Ⓑ Bluestem Brasserie | 1 Yerba Buena Lane @ Market
- Featuring the Bluestem Smash cocktail, 5–10pm | $1 from each will go to the Yerba Buena Alliance.
Ⓒ Novela | 662 Mission St @ Annie Alley
- Third Thursday Drink Specials, 5–10pm | Discounts with Wristband | $2 off our signature punches on tap.
Ⓓ SFMOMA MuseumStore | 51 Yerba Buena Lane @ Mission
- 10% Discount, 5–7pm | Discounts with Wristband | West Coast’s finest selection of art and design wares and SFMOMA exclusives, all supporting our exhibitions and educational programs.